You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Can NOT SEND Hotmail emails - Just stopped working

Recently Hotmail (outlook) have made changes that seem to have triggered issues with sending emails via the Mail App on my iPhone 12 Pro Max around the 24 Sept.

I set up my hotmail email account from beginning

Have check the settings- They are correct

Have checked the password - This is correct

Incoming emails - Can be received

Outgoing emails - Remain in Outbox as unsent

Can any one assist is identifying why I continue to be unable to send emails from the Mail app ?

(Note: Email account is function ok when accessed via a desktop)

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 6:21 PM

2 replies

Oct 14, 2024 6:24 PM in response to MS2171

hanks for using the Apple Mail Community

For Hotmail and Outlook email accounts use the Microsoft Exchange option on Mail on the Mac. On the iPhone and iPad use the Outlook.com option. If the Outlook.com option doesn't work on the iPhone or iPad you can try using the Microsoft Exchange. If you ac not use either there is a Outllok.app on the App Store you can use for Hotmail.

Oct 14, 2024 6:34 PM in response to AlWeir

I attempted to reset up again using the Outlook option.

Had success in setting up, and receiving but still CANNOT SEND. Keep getting a message say "failed to send - The username or password for <email address> is incorrect.

The address is correct (have also verified the settings on apple)

The password is correct as well..

Yet still unable to SEND - all messages remain in the outbox

Can NOT SEND Hotmail emails - Just stopped working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.