You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Location in weather app on Mac with latest SW issue

After update to latest MacOS Sequoia 15.0.1 the weather location is not found when location for weather in On in Privacy and I am on WiFi.

Hence no weather is shown in App as well as in the Widget of the weather on desktop.

Made full reset to default and clean install of the SW but nothing helps.

Any Idea?

Posted on Oct 14, 2024 10:36 PM

6 replies

Oct 15, 2024 7:07 AM in response to ShmuelW

ShmuelW wrote:

Thanks for reply.
I am not using VPN or any additional safety tools / firewall / Virus protection etc'
Actually I did not install any SW after clean install but only the original IOS firmware downloaded to my MAC from Apple.
I did complete erase and boot in safe mode including re-install of the IOS firmware.
The issue still exist.

User wrote " After update to latest MacOS Sequoia 15.0.1 for Apple Computers

OP Wrote " the original IOS firmware " is for iPhone / iPads

There are No Firmware Updates offered by Apple as a Standalone Installer

Unless using How to revive or restore Mac firmware

Oct 15, 2024 6:14 AM in response to Randall_2023

Thanks for reply.

I am not using VPN or any additional safety tools / firewall / Virus protection etc'

Actually I did not install any SW after clean install but only the original IOS firmware downloaded to my MAC from Apple.

I did complete erase and boot in safe mode including re-install of the IOS firmware.

The issue still exist.

Location in weather app on Mac with latest SW issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.