You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

iCloud Passwords app on Windows 11 has garbled websites

The new "iCloud Passwords" app on Windows 11 shows me passwords. But the titles and websites have been replaced by some kind of GUIDs. These same entries display correctly on my iPhone.

Has anyone experienced this before or found a solution? Any tips are appreciated.

Windows, Windows 11 (22635)

Posted on Oct 15, 2024 4:16 PM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2024 6:27 AM in response to absaus

I am having the same issue.

I manually added several passwords to Apple Passwords via my iPhone and iPad in an attempt to move from a third-party password manager to Apple Passwords. Once I finished on my Apple devices (which work fine), I enabled “Passwords and Keychain” on iCloud for Windows on my Windows 11 23H2 PC to access passwords from Windows.

The iCloud Passwords app opens in Windows, and the Windows Hello PIN login option works. There is a noticeable delay as it loads my 290+ passwords, but they appear to load.

When they load, most of them have a garbled title and website, like the screen shot provided by the other user. Out of my 290+ entries, only 22 are not garbled.

For additional context, I manually added most of these passwords because I am trying to shift away from a third party password manager.

I would like this resolved so I can consider dropping my third party manager for Apple Passwords, assuming it can work as well on PC.

Oct 17, 2024 12:17 PM in response to mjlaw13

Anything interesting about the 22 that look correct? Does it matter if the password is created on the phone or on the PC?

By the way, I see a similar long delay when loading passwords, even though I have only two for testing.

The browser extension is a waste of time. All it does is launch the Passwords app. No autofill.

iCloud Passwords app on Windows 11 has garbled websites

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.