You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

App icons disappear from home screen (iphone Se 2022, ios 17.7, build 21H16)

Hi everyone, I own an iPhone SE 2022 model with 128 GB of space, half of which is free.

The OS that I currently have is 17.7 (I never update to a new iOS version as soon as it comes out, I usually wait for them to fix it so please don't suggest updating as a solution).

The problem the started occurring some weeks ago (I don't remember exactly when) is that sometimes the icons in the home screen just disappear. If I lock the phone and then unlock it they appear again or, alternatively, another way to "fix" the problem is to scroll the screen right and then left again. Sometimes the icons immediately come back whereas sometimes I have to do it a couple of times.

I think that I might try to fix the problem by reinstalling the OS from the Apple Devices application, but what do you think is causing it?

Maybe this strange behaviour is the symptom of a malware or spyware?

If I reinstall the OS from scratch and then I restore my phone from the last backup, do you think that the problem will occur again?

In other words, if I reinstall from the backup will the applications be downloaded from the app store or from the backup file?

Or maybe what the device management software gets from the backup are just application settings and data, and not the apps themselves?

Thanks for the tips and info.

Have a nice day

Posted on Oct 16, 2024 3:38 AM

There are no replies.

App icons disappear from home screen (iphone Se 2022, ios 17.7, build 21H16)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.