Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not geting full bar service! Need Help!

I kind of have a perplexing complication here...my Iphone 3GS was working fine until yesterday where my phone was continuously looking for a network and either kept saying..no service and/or searching. I called apple support and I reset my settings and all and was finally told to go into an apple store. I went in today and my phone was actually switched out because it was an apparent hardware problem, I got my new Iphone and I an still not getting full bars on my phone..i am lucky if I get 1 or 2 bars! My SIM card was checked but does anyone think that I still could have a bad SIM card? Please help me out!

Thanks!

Tiffany

iPhone 3GS, iPad 64gb -3G, HP Pavilion Dv6338se, HP Desktop, Windows Vista

Posted on Aug 26, 2010 9:01 PM

5 replies

Aug 27, 2010 2:52 PM in response to TiffanyNicole

Why are you expecting full bars on the phone? Are you standing under (or next to) a cell tower?

Are you having issues using the phone, making calls, sending/receiving texts, network connection issues?

Unless you are having issues, the number of bars displayed is irrelevant.

FWIW, iOS 4.0.1 corrected the signal display issue. If you are running iOS 4.0.1 or higher and are comparing the number of bars to a device running an older version of the software, you WILL see a difference. Prior to iOS 4.0.1, ALL versions of the software incorrectly displayed the number of bars of signal.

Aug 27, 2010 4:12 PM in response to TiffanyNicole

TiffanyNicole wrote:
I did update to the new software and I checked with AT&T and there is no network problems. Is it a possibility that it's my SIM card? I already got my phone replaced but not the SIM card?

If you are not getting full service it doesn't mean anything is wrong. It may just be the coverage in that area. If you have dropped calls or other problems then worry.

Not geting full bar service! Need Help!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.