Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Sync Deletes Apps Purchased on iPhone

I've ready every thread I could about this issue but still find no solution that works. I have Sync Apps selected in iTunes and reset warnings. But every time I sync my iPhone any apps I have purchased on my iPhone get deleted. The only way to stop it is to stop sync after plugging in my iPhone and manually download the app in iTunes and then check it to sync.

I remember previously having this problem and there was some kind of hack, I think included a Windows registry edit, but not sure. I can't find that solution now. Anyone know?

PC, Windows 7

Posted on Aug 28, 2010 8:11 AM

5 replies

Aug 29, 2010 12:08 PM in response to Chris CA

No what I mean is that after transferring purchases and then sync the phone it deletes the new apps. I used to just transfer them automatically. Now I have to transfer them, check the new ones to keep them, and then sync. That's stupid. I want it back the way it used to work. There is some kind of hack that when iTunes 9 came out I did, but I cannot find it so I was hoping someone here knew it. But I guess no one does.

Nov 5, 2010 7:49 PM in response to kpurcell

Hi there,
I have a alsmost similar problem, though with the last iTunes10.
Was your problem resolved? I'm hoping you may be able to help with me, no answer to my question yet.

The Apps (and the downloaded Podcast and ITunesU videos as well) in the Library are regularly erased, without me knowing.
The Sync Apps option in iPhone was checked off unknowingly. If I turned it on, it warned that my apps on the iPhone will be erased, I guessed that's because there's no apps now in the Library.

So I have no choice but to do the time consuming Tranfers Purchases from my
iPhone4. I will then have to spend time to re-arrange the Apps in the iPhone.

I tried the methond of deleting the iTunes Library file and then restarting iTunes, but it does not re-store the Apps in the Library.

Thanks for your help in advance.

iTunes Sync Deletes Apps Purchased on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.