You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to open a file with a .Ink ending?

I installed Dropbox (from Dropbox.com) and my files transfered from a windows computer were labeled with the .INK ending> was not able to open them on the mac... any ideas as to how or why?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), icore5

Posted on Aug 28, 2010 1:32 PM

5 replies

Aug 28, 2010 3:58 PM in response to ascala

ascala wrote:
I installed Dropbox (from Dropbox.com) and my files transfered from a windows computer were labeled with the .INK ending> was not able to open them on the mac... any ideas as to how or why?

Your subject line refers to a .lnk file extension and the body of your post refers to a .INK file extension. Which is it? If it is .lnk then it is a link to a file, not a file. In Windows a file name ending with .lnk is a shortcut link to the file. You likely copied over the shortcut rather than the file itself. Therefor you can't open it because it is not there on your Mac.

Message was edited by: BobTheFisherman

How to open a file with a .Ink ending?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.