Skip navigation

is ipad right for me?

1215 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Aug 30, 2010 6:26 AM by blue4dolphin RSS
blue4dolphin Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Aug 30, 2010 4:08 AM
what i want an ipad for is that it is lighter than a laptop and want something i can take to uni and work placement and later work to type notes and my diary on and keep up to date with emails when i am away from home maybe watch the odd thing on iplayer or similar (do these work ok?) and keep up with friends on facebook (though i dont play the games on there)
if you have iwork on it are there any conversion problems between it and a pc? or is there any of the abouve that i will not be able to do
mac, Mac OS X (10.6)
  • a1000 Level 2 Level 2 (215 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Aug 30, 2010 4:34 AM (in response to blue4dolphin)
    I have the iPad for a similar reason and use it when travelling to keep on top of e-mails, etc. I use Docs2Go rather than iWorks and it works pretty well for creating basic documents and amending docs.

I find it fits well and have various books/magazines in pdf format plus some TV programmes for watching while traveling.

If you want to watch iPlayer while on 3G then you'll have to pick your carrier carefully as some such as 3 allow it whilst others block it or compress the image.

The iPad is at the heavy end of holding to watch for long periods, however, you can usually prop it up somehow.

The best way to see whether it works for you is to have a play with one as it'll help you decide one way or another.

Hope this helps.
    PC, Windows 7, iPhone 3G, iPad

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.