Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book Index

Folks,

I am creating a 100 page photo book that when finished will have 450 or so photos. Ii is a keepsake album that should be around for years. Is it possible to create a a table showing the book page number and date taken in reading order?

Thanks

macbook pro 15, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Aug 30, 2010 2:45 AM

5 replies

Aug 30, 2010 10:20 AM in response to LarryHN

Thanks for the reply. I'll add the suggestion as recommended. In the meantime, is there anyway to access the metadata. I realize iPhoto uses a proprietary structure, but am optimistic that there is a solution as this is the 1st of 3 such books I am creating. The manual process takes about 2 minutes per picture to get the date, location, title to re-key it.

To do it all manually will take 10 to 15 hours per book. It may be worth my effort to write a program if I can access the database.

Aug 30, 2010 12:24 PM in response to man overboard

If Automator doesn't work---and you might want to ask the AppleScript forum as well, which is more flexible---the database program Bento automatically pulls in your iPhoto library and offers the ability to export various metadata as CSV or spreadsheet, from where it could be copied and pasted (if you can get it to select the right photos).

Aug 30, 2010 3:10 PM in response to man overboard

There's an older plugin for iPhoto called Metadata Export for iPhoto. I've not used it but it might export the metadata of the files you're interested in to a text file that you can cut and past from.

The screenshot on the site doesn't show places but it probably was taken before iPhoto 09. If you give it a try I'd make a backup of the iPhoto application before applying it.

UPDATE: it will install on iPhoto 09 and export Archival Date, Comments, Creation Date, Format, Height, Keywords, Modification Date, Path, Rating, Rotation, Title and Width to a csv, txt or plist formatted file.

User uploaded file
OT

Message was edited by: Old Toad

Book Index

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.