Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon HF200 with FCP - importing footage problems

I apologise first if this is a common problem but I have searched away with no avail. I cant get the footage off this Canon HF200 I have been given to use...

In the log and transfer window if I try to drag the mounted camera drive into the window (or any of the files within) I get the error:

"BDMV" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

If I try to add the mounted disk on the log and capture widow - it does not allow me to select the disk. I am using the HF200 plugged in as opposed to just the SDHC card...

Any ideas? FCP 7

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6)

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 3:28 AM

7 replies

Aug 31, 2010 9:36 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

thanks for your response...what happened was when I went to add volume - then select the mounted Camera/Card I could click on the drive but then the selector would 'pop-off' and jump to another drive...strange behaviour

I switched SDHC cards in the camera and the other card I have - when I open Log and Transfer - simply crashes FCP. If I eject the disk and re-open FCP and Log and Transfer - it doesnt crash and I can scroll thru available volumes...

Having re-entered the first SDHC card - I can now open Log and capture and select the NO NAME volume - it very briefly thought about it (in the process box below) and then nothing happened and it didnt accept....

I just updated using software update also...

Message was edited by: SWAN909808

Aug 31, 2010 9:50 AM in response to SWAN909808

Please give your full system specifications, what computer, what drives, what camera or deck, how everything's connected, what settings are on the media, what settings you're using in Final Cut, and finally what version of the software, of the OS, and of QuickTime you are using.

Your profile now indicates 10.4.9, which is obviously not correct, so it would help to have the complete specs, including drives and their configurations and formatting.

Oct 25, 2010 9:20 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

The exact same thing is happening to me. Everything worked fine until a month or so ago. Now when I hook my camera up and open FCE and select "Log and Transfer." FCE just shuts down. I have to admit though. I think it is a camera problem and not a FCE problem. Because I have a MacBook as well that has FCE and it does the same thing.

Also When I open imovie and select the "import from camera" icon, it only pulls up the built in sight camera. Again, this happens on my iMac as well as my macBook. That's 4 for 4 looking like it's a camera problem and not a FCE problem.

Canon HF200 with FCP - importing footage problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.