Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't send mail due to exceed limit?

Hi,

I am having some issues with my iPhone 3GS. Recently, whenever I try to send an email from my MobileMe account, I get the following error message:

A copy has been placed in your Outbox. Sending the message failed because you exceeded your sending limit.

I know Mobileme has a restriction of 200 messages per day, however I am sending one or two email so this is not the issue. Anyone have any ideas?

iMac 2Ghz (Intel Core Duo) iMac G4, iBook G3, iPod (40GB) & iPod Mini (6GB), Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Aug 31, 2010 11:33 AM

8 replies

Aug 31, 2010 11:44 AM in response to pj777

Also included with the link provided:

Check your sent messages to insure that you have actually sent all the messages and your account has not been compromised. If you believe your account has been compromised, change your password and security questions.

If you don't believe your account has been compromised, try deleting and recreating the account on your iPhone.

Aug 31, 2010 11:54 AM in response to pj777

More than likely, yes, but since a MobileMe account is accessed as an IMAP account, when accessing the account with an email client you have the option to store messages on the server or locally on the hard drive or device. If your account has been compromised and someone is accessing the account with an email client on their computer, they could choose not to store the sent messages on the server so you wouldn't see them.

Can't send mail due to exceed limit?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.