Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change aplication folder icon in dock?

I want to use a custom icon for my aplication folder, i already change the icon and see the new icon in finder, but the dock still use the old icon, how can i change it? thanks

macbook pro 13"

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 12:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 1:25 PM

Try right-click on Stack > Display as "Folder"

User uploaded file
-mj
7 replies

Sep 1, 2010 1:23 PM in response to macjack

that almost solve the problem (even if it feel like cheating the sistem and not a real way to change the icon) the problem now is that application folder in dock shows the first 2 or 3 icons superposed so know i see the icon i want.. and part ot 2 other icons behind it. how can y solve this (creating several folders with the icon is not an option beacause with that i will see the icon superposed with it self)

Sep 1, 2010 1:59 PM in response to Panchonp

Panchonp wrote:
thanks, now it looks the way i wanted it!!!, but still feels weird having to create a useless folder just to change the displayed icon, there is no other way? a way to make the system use the application folder icon and no the icons of folders and items on it?

If you want you can change the icon on your /Applications folder in Finder and drag it to the Dock. I prefer not to change the icons of my important folders. But you reported that did not work for you?

User uploaded file
-mj

Message was edited by: macjack

Sep 1, 2010 2:03 PM in response to Panchonp

Macjack replied with the solution - simply change the stack's option for Display As from Stack to Folder. Then, change the Application folder icon in the Finder. Click Finder in your dock, then click your hard drive, then right-click the Applications folder and click "Get Info". The subsequent window that slides up has the folder icon in the top left. Click it and paste in the icon you want.

Here is Apple's instruction set for doing this: http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2493

This way, you won't need the additional file in your Applications folder (assuming you don't want to see the Applications behind the icon).

how to change aplication folder icon in dock?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.