Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10 won't show some artwork?

After I upgraded to iTunes 10, I noticed that some of the artwork will no longer display in the column view. It's still there, it just won't show up. Why would this happen?

iMac Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 1, 2010 7:43 PM

16 replies

Sep 1, 2010 10:56 PM in response to Babaganoosh

Here's the pattern I've discerned:

When artwork is set to small all albums with at least 3 songs display album art.

When artwork is set to medium/large size all albums with at least 5 tracks should display album art. On my system medium always displays album art that meets the 5 song criteria, however, when set to 'large', some artwork is displayed while others that should do not. Anyone else experiencing this?

The latter issue is obviously solved by 'always display artwork', but still...a bit strange nonetheless.

Sep 2, 2010 3:41 AM in response to Babaganoosh

To be honest I think the way the new iTunes handles artwork now is a pretty big retrograde step, you now can't scale the artwork in the list view plus loads of the cover art is now just not there thanks to this "clever" new system.

Hmm, I really miss these aspects of iTunes! 😟

This other thread http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2564803&tstart=0 also talks about this issue but thanks for the tips on this thread. Let's hope Apple fixes this ASAP.

Oct 6, 2010 10:21 PM in response to phatsharpie

Thanks, that solved my problem, but I have to ask...

Why is an "always show artwork" item on the view menu necessary? Is there a complementary "always show text" item I should select to keep random track names from going missing? "Always spin inserted CD"? "Always turn on when power button is pressed"?

Under what circumstances is sometimes not displaying artwork a desirable behavior, and what kind of sadist would make it work this way until a "don't be stupid" toggle is thrown?

Gonna go make sure the "always hold water" setting is selected on all my glassware now...

iTunes 10 won't show some artwork?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.