Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 10: No horizontal lines in list view?

All right, I'm having a minor aesthetic issue with iTunes 10. On my laptop, when I look at my library in a list view, every other song is placed on a light-gray background. This eases visibility, I think.

However, on my iMac, these alternating colored backgrounds are gone, and my entire list view window has a solid white background.

Can this be fixed? Is there a preference or menu item somewhere that will give me the alternating backgrounds? I'm losing my mind here looking for this option.

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 7:45 AM

This is not an option, but rather looks like a flawed install.

Try Repair Permission with Disk Utility. Restart computer. If that doesn't fix it, you may have to re-install iTunes.
5 replies

Dec 1, 2011 2:23 PM in response to Josh Alkire

I had the same issue today, and took me awhile to find this solution! I use a lot of keyboard shortcuts in other applications, and apparently didn't realize I was mistakenly using the keyboard shortcut that adjusted the contrast at some point! (Note: Adjusting the brightness doesn't help at all, you've gotta adjust the contrast settings back to "Normal"... Under "Universal Access>Seeing")

All better now, thanks all!

iTunes 10: No horizontal lines in list view?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.