Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FaceTime not functioning

Hi,

My wife and I just bought iPhone4s, and we can only use FaceTime when she initiates, every time that I try to initiate it I get "FaceTime Failed", what could be the reasons for this?

Is there a patch or fix for it? Is there something wrong with my phone if it cannot initiate FaceTimes?

Thank you.

Tomes

MacBook Pro 15'', iOS 4

Posted on Sep 3, 2010 3:40 PM

5 replies

Nov 23, 2010 11:34 PM in response to Tomio Toyama

Please make sure your wifi AP/router is configured to work with facetime... there are ports that need to be opened on the firewall (if this is already turned on on your wifi AP/router):

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4245

P.S. I suggest that you enable DMZ or port forwarding instead of turning off the firewall feature altogether on your wifi AP/router.

Cheers!

Apr 1, 2012 2:37 PM in response to Tomio Toyama

Sorry for such a late response but I have not experienced this with iPhone4 to iPhone4 till recently.

The reason that I experienced was do to differing versions of the iOS. It seems that newer iOS can contact older iOS devices but not the other way around. However this was only true for the iPad and iPhone and went away after I made sure that they were on the same iOS version.

Apple stores have free wifi so please see if they can help you out.

FaceTime not functioning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.