Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot connect to Tengo Internet at KOA

I just rolled into the Santa Fe KOA and they use TENGOINTERNET.COM to provide WiFi services for guests. You first connect to their WiFi router and then when you access the Internet, you are moved to a special TENGOINTERNET.COM login screen where you enter in the guest id and password. This validates you and you are good to use the internet for 24 hours or so.

My MacBook Pro happily logs into the network. My iPad and my iPhone4 get to the point where you click on the submit button and then the spinning wheel of forever turns and you get no further. I'm suspicious that they use Flash but am not sure.

I found one tip to disable JavaScript under Safari Preferences on the iPad and I also turned off the popup blocker setting. It did no good, I could not log in.

This will affect whether or not I go to any KOA that uses TENGO as a service provider. I'm also submitting a fairly positive review of the KOA except for its use of TENGO.

TENGO does not seem to care.

Lee

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.5.4), 30" Samsung Monitor, 8 GIG RAM, 1TB secondary mirror

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 8:14 AM

5 replies

Sep 4, 2010 9:04 AM in response to LeePenn

LeePenn wrote:

<snip>
TENGO does not seem to care.

Lee

I guess your argument could be flipped and stated something like, Apple does not seem to care about the millions of Internet users who like and use flash.

BTW, I don't use or like flash but that is beside the point, many do.

The content of your post should be sent to KOA if you want anything to change.

Sep 4, 2010 9:23 AM in response to LeePenn

Hi Lee, just read your post about Tengo. I am fulltiming, and have been dealing with Tengo all this summer.
Here is what I have learned. I cannot use more than 1 device with Tengo at the same time. It doesn't matter if you are using different log-ins, what throws the system is using the same e-mail address for all devices. I had my MacBook on Tengo Wi-Fi, signed up with my iPad, and thought I was good to go. It works for 2-3 days, then the conflict starts. I allowed the laptop Wi-Fi to expire, then signed up the iPad - works fine. It suggests that giving Tengo a different e-mail address for each device would be a work-around.
On a different note, during peak usage times, my 3G connection is faster than Tengo's Wi-Fi.
Pinckbrown

Sep 4, 2010 10:31 AM in response to pinckbrown

pinckbrown wrote:
Bob the Fishermam : It doesn't matter if flash is widely used. HTML5 is a better technology that will replace flash. Remember the outcry when Apple stopped including floppy disks! Flash has nothing to do with Lees Tengo Internet problem.
Pinckbrown

??
I was not commenting on floppy disks, html5 or other technology. I am very familiar with html5 but it has nothing to do with the OP's post. I was commenting on the OP's argument about flash. Regardless FWIW, here is a post paraphrased from Tengo's site which may help the OP.

Referring to the Apple devices, connecting to TengoInternet's WiFi network with an iPod Touch or an iPhone, and maybe the iPAD can be a challenge because of the way the built-in Safari browser on the device handles the "I Agree" page layout. The best way for these devices to successfully connect to the TengoInternet is to follow these steps:

- Open Settings > Safari

- Turn Javascript off

- Open Safari again to be directed to the "I Agree" page

- Accept the terms and conditions by clicking the "I Agree" button

- Re-open Settings > Safari and turn Javascript back on

The site also states that a single user login is allowed at a time. So if the OP is already logged in with one device and tries to log in with another device, the first login will be disconnected. But from the OP's description "My MacBook Pro happily logs into the network. My iPad and my iPhone4 get to the point where you click on the submit button and then the spinning wheel of forever turns and you get no further." this does not sound like his issue.

Message was edited by: BobTheFisherman

Cannot connect to Tengo Internet at KOA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.