Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone4 dying no reason?

Hi,

Just this morning my wife's iPhone4 completely died, it would not respond to any touches such as the hold or home button, nor would it respond to any USB or wall outlet charge it was just a black screen. Finally, we decided to reset it via (Home + Hold Button for 10 secs), and it turned on and rebooted. We also discovered that it had 60% battery life still so it wasn't a dead battery issue. Why would the iPhone4 do this? It's only less than a month in use, and she had it on sleep mode before we went to bed.

Is this a recurring issue for others, if so is there a way to fix it? Could it be hardware issues?

My wife remembers reading or hearing somewhere that if you put 2 iPhone4s next to each other issues will start to develop, could this have been the issue? My phone was fine this morning though.

Please let us know of any suggestions or answers.

MacBook Pro 15'', Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 4, 2010 8:40 AM

14 replies

Nov 27, 2010 3:43 AM in response to Tomio Toyama

Glad I did a quick search on line this morning. My iphone4 is just a couple of months old and just died on me yesterday evening. Same symptoms as you described. Thought I was in for a protracted problem but the re boot you described worked. I suppose as suggested on this discussion that now and again I should "rest" the phone now and again - it has not been off since I got it.

Dec 8, 2011 8:00 PM in response to Tomio Toyama

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST. I was sitting there on my phone for 30 minutes. As soon as I put it down it "died" out of nowhere. I thought the power died or it needed more charge so I was just waiting for 20 minutes. Then, when nothing happened I decided to look this problem up and found these posts! SO HELPFUL. It worked and now I'm back in business!!!

THANKS SO MUCH!

May 2, 2012 9:58 PM in response to Tomio Toyama

Thank you so much for telling the technique of holding down the home and hold buttons for 10 secs. We had the exact the same issue just minutes ago. I have only turned off the phone once since I got it a few months ago and going forward will turn it off weekly to reboot.

This post solved the problem - thank you, I appreciate it!

iPhone4 dying no reason?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.