Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No longer can manually add artwork.

Upgraded to 10.0, and now I lost some of my album artwork. So, I decided to manually add artwork like I have had to do in the past, but now it doesn't work.
In the 'Get Info' pane, 'Artwork' is grayed out.
In the 'Multiple Item Information' pane, I tried to add artwork there, but iTunes wouldn't take it.

Any ideas?

Mac Mini. iBook G4 14". iPod Mini (converted to 16gb.), Shuffle, iPod Video, Mac OS X (10.6.4), www.playoflightimages.com

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 5:41 AM

69 replies

Nov 29, 2010 4:53 PM in response to RollZeppelin

I'm having the same problem. Manually adding art used to be simple, but now I can't seem to do it. I've followed some of the help suggestions in this forum and elsewhere, but they just don't work. Sometimes I can copy and paste the artwork into the window, but it won't "stay."

Let me know if you've found a solution. I keep thinking there must be some simple trick, some kind of "click" or particular way to save an art file that I'm missing.

Feb 20, 2011 11:58 AM in response to njg

I posted on this topic last fall, and after another round of trying to solve the problem thought I'd see if anyone had a new solution. I experimented with the free, trial version of a program called TuneUp. It found a lot of the album covers I was looking for, and I was able to import the first one I tried. However, it did not work on any subsequent attempts, so it's back to the drawing board. Most of my problems are with what I consider to be compilation CDs, such as a Christmas album with each track by a different artist, or classical recordings built around a theme, such as music from a particular country, in which each track is likely to have a different composer and/or performer/conductor. Perhaps there is something about the way in which the data is compiled that makes it hard for iTunes to locate the artwork, or to "accept" the copy and paste command. However, I've also had problems getting artwork for albums that are all by one performer/composer.

Any new suggestions?

Jan 4, 2012 4:08 PM in response to Boise Jim

I have tried all of these techniques, to no avail. Why is this so difficult? Apple used to be wysiwyg and easy, not so anymore. Even a smalll thing like attaching artwork to my own tracks in iTunes now has to take hours or research in the user forums. This should be done in less than a minute! 😠

I have checked the permissions on the hard drives, the individual files, the actual JPG art that I'm trying to attach. I have full read-write privleges. Drag and drop doesn't work. Double clicking in the "Artwork" box and pointing to the file in the Finder doesn't work. Copy and paste doesn't work. saving the JPG as another format, then saving again as a JPG, doesn't work. Seriously.... can anybody fix this?

I did convert 4 of the 32 AIF tracks to mp3, then attached the JPG successfully, but when I deleted the mp3s, the artwork disapppeared from the AIF files as well. 😕

Mac Pro

OS 10.7.2

iTunes 10.5.2 (11)

Jan 10, 2012 1:19 PM in response to Boise Jim

My problem was with my own AIFF files (i.e. not purchased in iTunes). Some of them I just couldn't attach art work to, so after much experimentation I have found this. I converted them to WAV (keeping the 44.1/16-bit "full fidelity" CD-quality settings), deleted the original AIFF files, then converted the files back to AIFF, keeping the same conversion settings, and viola! I could attach artwork. Pain in the butt? Yes. But it worked. 😉

No longer can manually add artwork.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.