Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I set the iPhone to ignore my neighbour's locked WiFi Network?

I know you can set the iPhone to "forget" a network you've previously joined. But, how about my neighbour's network that's locked, that I've never joined, and keeps prompting me to join it? Can I tell the iPhone to ignore it?

I know I can choose to turn “Ask to Join Networks” on or off but I want to leave it on for when I'm out and about.

Thanks.

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 8:32 AM

3 replies

Oct 18, 2010 1:12 PM in response to Tony in Ottawa

Maybe if enough people voice the request for this feature, Apple will finally implement it. Add one more user to that list.

It seems backwards to me that you can only "forget" a network that you have already joined. Why would I want to do that?? I want to "forget" the annoying secured network next door that I CAN'T join, because it pops up and asks me every single day of my life, and I want to block it while still automatically joining unsecured networks. If Apple can't figure out how to do that, then they should at least add the option to ignore secured networks.

Can I set the iPhone to ignore my neighbour's locked WiFi Network?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.