Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Set up of Plustek opticbook 3600

Alright folks, I got this new book scanner called Plustek Opticbook 3600, I've plugged all the cables in and tried to set it up like you would do with a printer only nothing comes up on the printer set up window in system preferences. The CD that came with it is for windows only so no use for me whats so ever and then after finding a driver for the scanner online I needed to install roseta which for some reason won't install after the download.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could get this thing to work?

MacBook Pro Intel core i7 2.66Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 4GB, 500GB hard drive, Time Capsule 500GB, iPhone 4 16GB

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 8:39 AM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2010 7:17 AM in response to Lingjocky

Hi, I had the same issue, so I downloaded the driver from plustek via your link (thanks) but I have had trouble installing the driver as it says that "***** not in sudoers file" I'm trying to install the driver from an administrator account but the name it says is not in the sudoers file is not the name of any of my logins and when I tried to create one it says its already in use. Can anyone help please

Set up of Plustek opticbook 3600

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.