Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't update from PayPal to credit card

I just bought an iPad and want to buy some apps but my iTunes is set for payment to my PayPal account which Apple doesn't allow for iPad apps (but does allow for music) and the iPad warning states I have to access iTunes via my computer and switch from PayPal to a card. Since I don't have my computer and only have my new iPad is there anyway to make this change to a card without a computer?

Mac Pro 2 x 3.0 GHz Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 30" HP LP3065 Monitor & 22" Cinema Display

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 9:18 PM

7 replies

Sep 5, 2010 11:07 PM in response to Steven Shmerler

Steven Shmerler wrote:
I just bought an iPad and want to buy some apps but my iTunes is set for payment to my PayPal account which Apple doesn't allow for iPad apps (but does allow for music) and the iPad warning states I have to access iTunes via my computer and switch from PayPal to a card. Since I don't have my computer and only have my new iPad is there anyway to make this change to a card without a computer?

No, you cannot change it except through iTunes.

More importantly, where did you get the idea that Apple doesn't allow PayPal. Works perfectly for me. Maybe instead of blaming Apple, you might check with PayPal.

Sep 6, 2010 12:29 AM in response to OrangeMarlin

Blame Apple? Hardly. If u read my post fully you'd see that I have had no issues using PayPal as my means of exchange for iTunes music and video in the past.

But for iPad apps, while doing the set up of my new iPad today with an Apple rep while at the Apple Store, I got an iPad App Store warning that the app store doesn't accept PP for app purchases, which was confirmed by the Apple rep who told me I had to change from PP to a credit card. You're incorrect sir.

I might only have one blue bar to your 3, but as a 30 year Apple veteran and outspoken evangelist, I don't bite the hand that feeds me or take kindly to being accused of doing so.

Can't update from PayPal to credit card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.