Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bonjour is blocking iTunes

I upgraded to iTunes 10 and then my problems began. iTunes would not start and I tried variouos fixes. In the end, using msconfig I found that I could launch iTunes if I switch off Bonjour. Which is fine, but that means we cannot connect our Apple TV. Anyone got any ideas? How can I find out if it's another program conflicting with Bonjour (as I presume it cannot be that Bonjour does not work with iTunes!).

Compaq, Windows Vista

Posted on Sep 5, 2010 10:56 PM

12 replies

Sep 8, 2010 2:49 PM in response to razza

Well, if more folks come along to this thread and everyone having this same problem also has the same NIC/drivers, that would give us something to go on.

On Win 7 to find your hardware details, Start > Control Panel > Device Manager.
Expand Network Adapters and you can see your ethernet and wireless cards.
Click on each one in turn, and the Driver tab will tell you the version of the driver.

That info is also useful for going to the card manufacturer's website to see if they have any updates for your specific card.
It still might be an itunes/bonjour bug, but having the latest drivers shouldn't hurt.

For instance last year, people with P55 chipsets on their PC's motherboard had to get updates for itunes to properly sync their iphones.

Oct 17, 2010 2:50 PM in response to A Little Upset

I'm so annoyed with iTunes and more specifically, Bonjour right now. When I try to download iTunes, it stops everytime at the Bonjour installation point because it claims that I have an older version of Bonjour on my computer that it can't delete. I've read every single post about how to delete the old version and thought I had done it with Revo Uninstaller. However, it still shows up in Add/Remove programs, even though it doesn't actually give me the choice to change or remove it.

I have no iTunes installed right now because I deleted everything in the hopes of fixing this.

Can anyone help?

Bonjour is blocking iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.