5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 3:40 PM by zenbum1
alexian Level 1 (0 points)
Why can my ipad not get an internet connection in a public wifi area , even though the wifi signal is strong and other users are on- line ok. I get the message"connection to the server imap.aol.com failed"

ipad, Mac OS X (10.0.x)
  • nick101 Level 5 (5,025 points)
    If you can't connect to anything at all, reset the network settings and restart the iPad
  • alexian Level 1 (0 points)
    Nick, Thanks but how come it connects to internet in UK, but this problem is only in Spain. Now that I am home in UK the internet connection works fine?
  • zenbum1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hello- can you please share how you fixed it...I'm having the very same problem as you described.

Thank you!

<<can't delete this comment, please ignore>>

• Ralph9430 Level 6 (17,636 points)

zen bum,

I suggest that you start a new discussion with your question. You are more likely to get up to date answers that way.

Is this you home Wi-Fi? Or all Wi-Fi networks? If only at home then reboot your router by powering off for thirty seconds then turn it back on.

• zenbum1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for your reply Ralph. Truth is I'm trying to set up a new iPhone and get a message saying there is no internet connection on my Wi-Fi signal, which is really an odd error message.

I tried to delete this comment from this thread, but couldn't see how to do that! Nothing is working for me today.

Thanks anyway.

Oh and I tried re-booting the router twice.