Skip navigation

Wi Fi on but no Internet Connection

1784 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2013 3:40 PM by zenbum1 RSS
alexian Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 6, 2010 1:39 AM
Why can my ipad not get an internet connection in a public wifi area , even though the wifi signal is strong and other users are on- line ok. I get the message"connection to the server imap.aol.com failed"
ipad, Mac OS X (10.0.x)
  • nick101 Level 4 Level 4 (3,500 points)
    Sep 6, 2010 2:55 AM (in response to alexian)
    If you can't connect to anything at all, reset the network settings and restart the iPad
    MBP 17" 4Gb; iMac 24", 3Gb; Powerbook G4 17", 1GHz, 1Gb;iPhone iPod 80GB, Mac OS X (10.6.3), IPad 3G 64, iPhone 3GS
  • zenbum1 Calculating status...
    Oct 2, 2013 3:33 PM (in response to alexian)

Hello- can you please share how you fixed it...I'm having the very same problem as you described.

Thank you!

<<can't delete this comment, please ignore>>

• Ralph9430 Level 6 Level 6 (12,460 points)
    Oct 2, 2013 3:34 PM (in response to zenbum1)

zen bum,

I suggest that you start a new discussion with your question. You are more likely to get up to date answers that way.

Is this you home Wi-Fi? Or all Wi-Fi networks? If only at home then reboot your router by powering off for thirty seconds then turn it back on.

• zenbum1 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Oct 2, 2013 3:40 PM (in response to Ralph9430)

Thanks for your reply Ralph. Truth is I'm trying to set up a new iPhone and get a message saying there is no internet connection on my Wi-Fi signal, which is really an odd error message.

I tried to delete this comment from this thread, but couldn't see how to do that! Nothing is working for me today.

Thanks anyway.

Oh and I tried re-booting the router twice.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.