Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Burn CD icon missing from iTunes 10

I can burn the CD with the file menu, but this requires an extra step. I miss the burn CD icon.

MacBook 2.13 ghz 2GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Also own BlackBerry Curve 8330M

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 5:51 AM

39 replies

Sep 10, 2010 3:22 PM in response to John Wolf

Yep it's pretty ridiculous. I think since the icon no longer has the CD with the music note and a blue circle with the music note it gave me the impression that they no longer want to make you burn cds. At least it's something that I automatically registered. Luckily you can still right click and burn it, but I think it's pretty much saying something to the cd burners out there unless it's a bug.

Oct 24, 2010 8:06 PM in response to John Wolf

Directly from the iTunes webpage:

"*Burning a CD*
Select a playlist in your library and insert a blank CD or DVD. *Under the File menu, select Burn Playlist to Disc*. A quick click and iTunes burns your disc in as little as two minutes."

Problem solved. They removed the button, not a big deal. If you want the single click back, just right-click on the playlist and choose Burn Playlist to Disc. The same single step. Most people use their iPod in the car or at home, or stream their music to their stereo. Burning CDs is becoming a thing of the past.

Oct 30, 2010 1:16 PM in response to acoquart

Yeah, after a few minutes of fear that my drive was totally gone (since it no longer burns DVD's), I realized the RMB (right mouse click) worked.

I hate the new look in general. I'm sure no one kept asking for the new look. It’s change for change sake. They do so many updates for iTunes, none of which have really been particularly helpful for users. Did we really need a new icon?

Just let me drag copy and paste!!! It would help so much since I add wiki data to my comments, and am constantly changing sort artist etc.

Burn CD icon missing from iTunes 10

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.