Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error in creating a Merge Document

Hello, I am creating a merge document and want to use a numbers doc for the data source. I created the numbers document and Saved it. Then created the pages doc. Went to inspector and choose the link, browsed to my numbers doc, selected it, then clicked open; I get an error that says:

Please select a numbers document that has one or more named header columns and one or more rows of data.

My only option is to click ok, which I do, then am bnack at using the address book for my data source.

What is wrong -- anybody?

Posted on Sep 6, 2010 6:44 AM

8 replies

Oct 16, 2010 4:10 PM in response to katfan

Katfan,

Three most common errors:

. Field names not in the Header row (not just the top row, but the top row being a Header row).

. Table not being the first listed table for the Sheet in the Sheets Pane. It doesn't matter where the Table is on the Sheet, but if it's not the only Table on that sheet, it must be the First Table in the list for that sheet. You can drag the name to the top of the list.

. And finally, not Saving the Numbers file before Merging in Pages.

Jerry

Message was edited by: Jerrold Green1

Error in creating a Merge Document

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.