Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AppleCare Protection Plan Global Repair Coverage

Hello,

My MBP has been purchased in USA via internet shop three month ago, and now I have to replace a logic board in the Apple service center.

The second problem is, that I am locating in Nigeria and only one solution is to send my machine back to USA.

I have to ask you, if the AppleCare plan procurement will give me a title to have the authority for "direct mail-in service" in Nigeria?

Maybe somebody got an experience with "direct mail-in service" from countries without an authorized Apple service?

MBP i7 15", Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 1:50 AM

3 replies

Sep 7, 2010 3:28 AM in response to Danny_Bekerman

Hi Danny,

If I understand your question correctly you're asking if you can mail-in your machine from Nigeria to the US to have service performed? If so, I'm pretty certain that this is not possible. Apple's US service depots only receive packages from US-based senders and will only send back to a US-based address. While this may have changed (you can call to find out) that was AppleCare's policy as of about 4 months ago.

Sep 7, 2010 3:50 AM in response to JasonFear

Hi Jason,

Thank you for your kind reply. Definitely, I called to find out this issue, but they not provide me any decisive answer. They directed me to AppleCare Protection Plan Terms and Conditions. I discovered this therm:
"(iii) Direct mail-in service is available for most Covered Equipment. If Apple determines
that your Covered Equipment is eligible for mail-in service, Apple will send you prepaid
shipping labels (and if you no longer have the original packaging, Apple may send you
packaging material) and you will ship the Covered Equipment to Apple’s repair service
location in accordance with its instructions. Once service is complete, the Apple repair
service location will return the Covered Equipment to you. Apple will pay for shipping to
and from your location if all instructions are followed."

It's not understood if this service is covering all countries?

AppleCare Protection Plan Global Repair Coverage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.