Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How much should I sell my 2nd Gen iPod touch 16GB?

I have a 2nd Gen iPod touch 16GB and I've had it for 2 years. I plan to buy the 4th Gen iPod touch, but I first need to sell the 2nd Gen iPod touch. So I was wondering how much is it worth after two years and how much should I sell it for? I won't use eBay to sell the iPod touch and I might sell it locally. Basically, the device is used, but in good condition. The screen is still like new with no scratches, but the back of the device has a lot of scratches on it. The battery is good and I have everything I got in the box, except for the headphones and the cleaning cloth.

Any suggestions?

A1286, Mac OS X (10.6.4), MacBook Pro (Late 2009)

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 7:13 AM

2 replies

Sep 7, 2010 7:57 AM in response to studabaker

I have the same ipod as you do, though I could never sell it.

Being that it is so old now, and even with minimal scratches, it lowers value, I'd say you'd get $75-$100 MAX if you are LUCKY. don't try and shoot too high. If you are selling locally, you could always start it off at $100 and just go for a best offer.

How much should I sell my 2nd Gen iPod touch 16GB?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.