Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

-10810 Application "Finder.app" cannot start

Every now and then, the finder stalls and can't be started again. Mostly while creating files from Adobe Illustrator to a VMWare machine. Sometimes, unplugging the external volume which I use for Time Machine, helps, sometimes not. This is absolutely maddening!

MacPro, Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.4), ...all sorts of electronic and biologic junk

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 9:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 11:21 AM

I have the same problem -- not doing anything in particular. Restart machine, works ok, then Finder crashes again and won't restart. Same error code. Nothing in Apple Support. Installed new iTunes a couple days ago -- could that be it?
5 replies

Sep 8, 2010 5:18 PM in response to Kate Derie

Yes, right, I forgot to mention that I often have iTunes running in the background while working. Until I installed iTunes 10, the problem was solved if I unmounted the external drive I use for Time Machine backups. Now, possibly since I installed iTunes 10, unplugging the external drive doesn't help anymore. Only restarting the machine does.

Extremely annoying!

-10810 Application "Finder.app" cannot start

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.