Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard doesn't appears

Hi
I was searching for my question on the forum, but no satisfactory answer.
After working on the iPad, I was trying to search something on Safari and surprise no keyboard. I try on email or Notes and same issue. I have reset it the iPad and for few hours was OK. Unfortunately the issue re-appeared. I decided to restore my iPad but I did it from my backup, the issue re-appeared.
Now before doing a restore for a new iPad, I was wandering if any of you has experienced the issue to this amplitude and if are any solutions.

Thanks

macbookpro 15inch, iMac, iPhone , iPad Apple TV, iPod Touch, and all Apple toy,, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 3:47 PM

7 replies

Sep 7, 2010 7:22 PM in response to agiamiu

agiamiu wrote:
Hi
I was searching for my question on the forum, but no satisfactory answer.
After working on the iPad, I was trying to search something on Safari and surprise no keyboard. I try on email or Notes and same issue. I have reset it the iPad and for few hours was OK. Unfortunately the issue re-appeared. I decided to restore my iPad but I did it from my backup, the issue re-appeared.
Now before doing a restore for a new iPad, I was wandering if any of you has experienced the issue to this amplitude and if are any solutions.

Thanks

Do you have a Bluetooth keyboard linked and active? That sometimes prevents you from using the virtual keyboard.

Sep 8, 2010 3:12 PM in response to agiamiu

agiamiu wrote:
Yes I have one, but this doesn't resolve the issue. You respondeb just to add more blue stripes beside your name!?
The iPad is to be mobile and gives you the possibility to do what you can do in the office with a keyboard, therefore why the virtual keyboard doesn't work.
Sorry your response is way of the chart.

I think the previous poster was trying to help you and you are being rude in response to them. They are telling you if you have previously linked the iPad to a bluetooth keyboard and the keyboard is in range and active then you don't get the onscreen keyboard. That might or might not be your problem but your response was uncalled for.

Sep 8, 2010 6:28 PM in response to Brian Caslis

I was looking for a solution or something close to a solution and I wanted to share my experience good or bad. I wasn't looking for friend.
FYI my Bluetooth was off and I was about 50 km away from my office where the keyboard is located.
If I want socializing , I will search for appropriate websites.
Ussualy I use this forum for technical solutions and to share good or bad experiences with Apple.

Sep 10, 2010 7:26 PM in response to agiamiu

You're one h e l l of a character.

If you backup all your data on iTunes, then restore with the same iOS version as a "new device", then restore again with your backup, it will likely get rid of any glitches you might have. That's how people deal with iOS migration glitches on the iPhone. It wouldn't take you more than 30 minutes to do all of this.

Good luck, and yes, do give me a star if this advice helps you.

Keyboard doesn't appears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.