Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My keyboard type by itself

If I leave my onscreen keyboard on, the keys type by themselves.

I have to keep restarting my iPad. Lame.

Help!

Is there a way to calibrate the iPad? If I do the soft reset, will it delete all my apps, music, etc?

iPad, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 7:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2010 7:52 PM

I have exactly the same problem, after upgrading to ios 3.2.2 my screen started type by themselves. The resolution is to swipe fingers little harder in a place where it's typing. When I do that it stops typeing by themselve. To prevent selftyping I'm trying to touch the screen little harders. Seems like the screen is too sensitive.
9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2010 7:52 PM in response to ThatOneGuyFromApple

I have exactly the same problem, after upgrading to ios 3.2.2 my screen started type by themselves. The resolution is to swipe fingers little harder in a place where it's typing. When I do that it stops typeing by themselve. To prevent selftyping I'm trying to touch the screen little harders. Seems like the screen is too sensitive.

Sep 7, 2010 9:47 PM in response to ThatOneGuyFromApple

HI and welcome to Apple Discussions...

If I do the soft reset, will it delete all my apps, music, etc?

No.

If a soft reset doesn't help, turn the iPad off, and then turn it on again. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears, then drag the slider. Then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

Carolyn 🙂

Sep 8, 2010 8:52 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

I have reolved my problem by restore an Ipad from scratch. Go to the iTunes, and connect your Ipad, press the recovery button. When iTunes restore the IPad don't synchronize it with a backup. I configured my Ipad as new one, and then synchronized all music, photos and contacts from begining. Since the morning I have been using the Ipad without any problem.

My keyboard type by itself

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.