Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMac and Macbook won't connect to my Airport Wireless Base-station 802.11n

Hi,
I am stumped by this issue and wanted to know if anyone could help please? Here is my equipment.

I have an Apple Wireless AP which is 802.11n capable. At home I have 3 devices all capable of 802.11n. I have a Macbook 2.0Ghz Core 2 Duo, a late iMac 21.5 inch and an Apple iPad 64GB.

If I have my Access Point set to 802.11n only either via 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz the only device that can clearly identify my wireless network is my iPad. I have confirmed in Network Utilities that both Mac's are 802.11n capable.

I even tried purchasing the software enabler for the Mac wireless cards just in case, but neither Mac needed the software.

Even more puzzling is I also have a DSL Router made by Draytek that is also 802.11n compatible. All my Mac's work fine with this router?!? when it is set to 802.11n only.

I have made sure there are no clashing channels from both AP's.

I am running Snow Leopard on all my Mac's, have repaired disk permissions etc and have even deleted known networks and plists but still does not work.

 2.13ghz MacMini  iMac CoreDuo 2.0ghz iMac  CoreDuo2 2.4Ghz  Macbook 2.0Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 11, 2010 2:46 AM

There are no replies.

iMac and Macbook won't connect to my Airport Wireless Base-station 802.11n

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.