Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remove Game Center icon from iPhone

I was recommended the game Slice It, which I decided to buy, but this placed an icon for Game Center on my phone that I don't want. When I press and hold on it I don't get a cross in the top left hand corner to remove it from my phone. It doesn't appear as an icon in the Apps window on iTunes for me to remove. How can I take it off my phone? It's annoying that just because I purchase a game it is assumed I want to link to other people/friends/players. I just want it gone!

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 11, 2010 5:07 PM

22 replies

Sep 16, 2010 10:05 PM in response to Kimberley Peabody

Think of it this way... The app is part of the OS to aid developers that don't have a lot of funding, or just want to save on costs! It's not for apple to make more money! Some ( a lot)developers are start ups that can't afford to host large enough severs for multiplayer games on their own! Apple is simply hosting this server for them! Because of this it is necessary to be built into the OS! If it was not, the games built for it would have a major problem when installed because they'd be unable to locate necessary files!

So even though there may be plenty of people who don't want it or won't use it I guarantee there are more that do! It's a necessary component to suit the needs of the many! Don't complain, just hide it with the rest of the unnecessary (to you) apps and go on with your day!

Remove Game Center icon from iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.