Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Best app to stream movies etc. to iPad ?

Wonder if Y'all could recommend an app that will provide best results when streaming movies and TV shows from my iTunes library to my iPad.

Thanks

iMac intel core i7 with 16 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 12, 2010 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 12, 2010 11:56 AM

i use Air Video and it works pretty well. 🙂

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/air-video-watch-your-videos/id306550020?mt=8
8 replies

Sep 13, 2010 2:54 AM in response to Voodo Doll

I have two... Air Video and File Brower...

File Browser Is my pick because...
Not only can you stream videos from your pc you can download the video file to the iPad. You can download any file type from your computer to the iPad, photos, text files, keynote, pages, PDFs, etc...etc...etc... You can upload the same files from the iPad to your desktop computer.

When you place videos into a folder within File Brower the videos will play one after another like a video playlist...

Just like Air Video you can setup File Browser to play videos from anywhere that you have a wifi connection. (I suppose you could do the same with a 3G connection too.)

itms://itunes.apple.com/us/app/filebrowser-access-files-on/id364738545?mt=8

Oct 3, 2010 10:41 AM in response to David M Brewer

I am assuming that with Filebrowser you can play itunes purchased content on the ipad, correct? It streams the file to the ipad, but the IPad video player sees the file as if it were already loaded on the ipad, correct?

If this is true (?) this is clearly a big advantage of Filebrowser over Airvideo for those who have DRM'd/itunes purchased video content.

Oct 18, 2010 9:26 PM in response to CellarDweller

Here's another vote for Zumocast - works great and it's free! Easy to install and works great even on older slower PCs. Video player does not handle chapter breaks but I can't complain. This app turns your PC/Mac into a cloud server, enabling you to access your files and play your videos on your iPad/iPhone/computer from anywhere you have an Internet connection. This is very cool, and I didn't need to change my firewall configuration.

Best app to stream movies etc. to iPad ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.