Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Impressed

2485 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2010 2:34 PM by Peter Coxon RSS
Christopher John Hunter Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 12, 2010 12:15 PM
my wife is a fan of the MacBook Air, but I've never been keen - screen short of pixels, processor slow, memory not-much, battery too small, trackpad-bar nasty, early failure of wire connections to the drop-down port-flap, etc ...

but today I was impressed ...

at the moment we're using it as our TV, and today we were using it to watch a recording (an hour or two behind reality) of the Grand Prix in Monza ...

half-way through it started to give a jumpy image - in effect, doing a v.brief fast-forward every second or so - and I cursed it ...

until, having stopped the playback for a moment, I saw that it was recording two TV programmes (from an EyeTV Diversity) & exporting another, as well as playing the recording we were watching, all at once ...

so I changed my mind, and thought it was good - it was doing a lot & degrading gracefully ...

ie: impressed !

(it's good to say something positive, after the debacle of iOS4 on iPhone 3G)
MBPro | MBAir | WiFi iPad | G4 | P'Bk G4 | TC | iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4), laptops 10.5.8 | G4s 10.4.0/8.6/9.2 | iPhone3G iOS4 / iPhone3G+iPod-t 3.1.3
  • captfred Level 7 Level 7 (26,225 points)
    Sep 12, 2010 12:35 PM (in response to Christopher John Hunter)
    Yeah, it really is an impressive machine. I too watched Alonzo this morning. It's good to win a home race.
    iMac 27" i7, iMac 20", Mini(2010) Server, MBPro, MBAir, iPhone 3GS, TV, iPad, Mac OS X (10.6.4)
  • Peter Coxon Calculating status...
    Oct 7, 2010 2:34 PM (in response to captfred)
    i have had a bunch of macs since 1980s. have macbook pro etc at moment. the mac book air is the most stable and best computer i have owned. no moving parts, fast, brilliant to travel with. i have left it on for >100 days and no issues. a brilliant machine.

pete
    mb air (1.86), mb pro 15"( 2.66), imac 24" (3.06), imac 24" (2.6) iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.