Skip navigation

Old iPod USB Camera connector not working?

1255 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Sep 13, 2010 3:58 PM by dexxter RSS
dexxter Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 13, 2010 1:34 PM
Dear all,

I have recently bought an iPad and, to my surprise, the old usb camera connector i had used many times with my ipod video 5th gen is not recognised by the ipad (accesory not supported).

If anyone has similar experience, please share.
The question is: do i need to buy the new kit, or maybe i just need to update the iPad to the latest firmware? I am currently running 3.2.2.
Any help is highly appreciated!
IPad
  • varjak paw Level 10 Level 10 (166,905 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Sep 13, 2010 1:59 PM (in response to dexxter)
    You are on the most current firmware, and you will almost certainly need to purchase the new kit. The majority of accessories for the old iPod models, particularly those that do something other than charge and output audio, will not work with the iOS-based devices; the camera connector definitely won't, unless there's a hack I haven't come across.

Regards.
    iMac Core i7 8GB ATI Radeon 4850, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Also: iMac 2.8 Core 2 Duo 24", IPad 16GB WiFi, Dell w/ Windows 7, Win XP via VM

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.