Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"All from My Mac" in Calendars and Contacts

So, this is more of a fine tuning question than anything. I set up my iPhone 4 as a new phone, then synced all my contacts and calendars to it. I've noticed that the highest grouping in both apps in "All from My Mac". Now, I've created contacts and events on my iPhone that weren't on my Mac, but everything's still under "All from My Mac." Why aren't the data created apart from the Mac put in another group, or in a "All Contacts" or "All Calendars" group? Should they be?

15" Mac Book Pro(s), Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPod Touch 2G 32GB iPhone 4 iOS4.0.2

Posted on Sep 13, 2010 3:49 PM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2018 1:15 AM in response to Jim Gilland

I just had this problem too and happened to come across this topic. What I did to fix this was that I went to the Info tab of my iPhone in iTunes while it was plugged in. I checked the box next to "Sync Address Book Contacts", hit no when it asked if you wanted to remove all synced contacts from the iPhone, then let it sync then I unchecked the box and synced it again and the group title changed from "All From My Mac" to "All on My iPhone". Hope this helps!

"All from My Mac" in Calendars and Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.