Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Voice

I haven't been keeping up lately so my apologies if this is a frequent or repeat question hereabouts.

Is apple still lamely blocking every google voice app? I would like to start using it for a second number for business but i need to be able to call out with it and have the right number show up in caller id and such. Thanks to ATT I don't really trust web apps that much, would much rather have an actual app like they have for Android and Blackberry. Has there been any news on this front? Is there a third party app I'm just not finding?

Posted on Sep 13, 2010 6:32 PM

5 replies

Sep 17, 2010 4:29 PM in response to digitalrhino

I don't know about those apps, but to have your GV number show up on caller ID, all you've ever had to do is call your GV number, wait for it to answer, hit *+PIN and enter the number you wanted to call at the prompt. The call will then go through, and the recipients caller ID will show your GV number.

I just have my GV numbers in my contacts with a soft pause added, then *+PIN so I just select them, say call, and then enter the number after it connects.

Google Voice

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.