Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When updating new iPhone software I have to use a different computer.

When trying to update new iPhone software I have to use my MacBook instead of my iMac. If I use the iMac I can download the software with no problem, but when updating it gets to the point where it's almost done then it just stops. When I use the MacBook I can complete the whole process no problem. Any help would be appreciated.

24" iMac, 13" Macbook, iPhone 3Gs, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 4:41 AM

3 replies

Oct 23, 2010 2:17 PM in response to RedSox1424

Any reason why you have not updated to 10.6.4? On your iMac, navigate to ~/Library/iTunes/iPhone Software Updates and delete any & all .ipsw files you find. There should only be one, but delete all that are listed. You will most likely have to first turn on show all hidden files & folders to see them. Once done, run software update. Make sure iTunes is up to date. Once done, launch disk utility from your utilities folder, select your hard drive, select "Repair Permissions". When finished, re-boot your computer. See if you can update now. There should be NO firewalls or anti-virus running...none.

When updating new iPhone software I have to use a different computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.