Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPAD and Juniper SSL VPN

I know that Juniper has created a client to be used on the iPAD, called JUNOS PULSE.

How long do we have to wait for this to reach the end users. Anyone tried this in BETA form. We have a SA-2500 VPN from Juniper, which does not support the Cisco iPSEC world.

Dell, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 7:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 8:56 AM

Juniper doesn't seem to like to deal with end users. They deal with network admins at your company who, in turn, decide what versions and types of VPN software you can have.
17 replies

Sep 22, 2010 11:04 AM in response to etresoft

Finally some good news, my company joined as a Apple Developer Team member since we have several programmers on staff. Loaded iOS 4.2 on the iPAD, and then setup the SA-2500 SSL VPN Juniper appliance. It worked as expected.

Now if someone can create a way to use document and photo folders autonimus to apps. i.e. same as on a M$ PC. Were ALL programs can access the folders, and not be in the cloud.

Sep 28, 2010 9:54 AM in response to Frenchy60

To use an iPad application I need to connect to a server through a Juniper SSL VPN, for what I've understood so long, what I need is:

- An iPad.
- Register to Apple DevCenter.
- Register (and pay) to iOS Developer Program to be able to download the iOS 4.2 beta.
- Download Junos Pulse client from iTunes (I still haven't check it but I understand that there's an iPad version).
- Setup the VPN Appliance.

And it should work. Am I right?

Thank you in advance!

Sep 28, 2010 10:40 AM in response to requerit

requerit wrote:
- Register (and pay) to iOS Developer Program to be able to download the iOS 4.2 beta.

Keep in mind that iOS 4.2 beta is only meant for dedicated developer devices. If it bricks your iPad, you are on your own.

- Download Junos Pulse client from iTunes (I still haven't check it but I understand that there's an iPad version).

I don't think it is on iTunes anywhere. Juniper is big-time corporate. You have to send a work order to your Network IT people and have them contact Juniper. I think your Network IT people will also have to get an Enterprise Developer account so they can push the Juniper VPN client to your device. Or so I'm guessing.

Message was edited by: etresoft

Sep 28, 2010 11:06 AM in response to etresoft

Thank you for your advice but I'm not going to make 'strange' tests. On the other hand there's the iPhone juniper pulse client in itunes...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/junos-pulse/id381348546?mt=8
...so I understand that if I use the iPad I'll be able to see it.

I got my guess list based on Frenchy60's posts because it seems he did it, so the truth is I'm looking for a confirmation from him or someone that try it.
🙂

Thank you again

Sep 28, 2010 11:55 AM in response to requerit

requerit wrote:
Thank you for your advice but I'm not going to make 'strange' tests. On the other hand there's the iPhone juniper pulse client in itunes...
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/junos-pulse/id381348546?mt=8
...so I understand that if I use the iPad I'll be able to see it.

I couldn't see it with my iPad, but I'm still running 3.2.2.

I got my guess list based on Frenchy60's posts because it seems he did it, so the truth is I'm looking for a confirmation from him or someone that try it.

My hunch is that the software Frenchy60 is using is not what is available through iTunes. Although we should probably let Frenchy say for sure.

Sep 29, 2010 1:49 AM in response to etresoft

etresoft wrote:
I couldn't see it with my iPad

It's good to know, but I'll check it (no ofense).

etresoft wrote:
My hunch is that the software Frenchy60 is using is not what is available through iTunes.

If you didn't find the software... probably. If I don't find it too then, more than likely.

etresoft wrote:
Although we should probably let Frenchy say for sure.

I completely agree.
🙂

Sep 29, 2010 3:03 PM in response to requerit

requerit,

You will NOT brick your iPAD, as long as you register the device on the dev center under devices. You have to supply the UDID.

The Junos Pulse IS on itunes, if you cannot find it. let me know I can send you a link.

When your ready to donload the ios, unzip it to your system, load up itunes, and perform a UPDATE while holding down SHIFT key. Otherwise it will delete all your apps.

iPAD and Juniper SSL VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.