Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WiFi & Verizon -ipod v4.1 (8B117) model MB531LL vs. ActionTec M1424-WR

Hi.

My daughter has a 12-month old iPod Touch MB531LL version 4.1 (16GB) that is not connecting to the home internet's wireless network (ActionTec M1424-WR). We have a password protected network. We click on the network on the iPod Touch and then we've typed in both the password and the WEP key and neither worked.

HELP! I can't change the router b/c this is the one router that is the latest that the phone company uses. We are not network techs....please help in the simpliest of terms....

Thanks!

MB531LL, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 14, 2010 6:14 PM

2 replies

Sep 15, 2010 4:55 PM in response to Todd in Trouble

I'm not a fan of Verizon routers - they are not the best. What I would do is to try and connect using WEP but after doing a few things first.

1. Reboot the router (unplug it from the power)
2. Reset the touch network settings - tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
3. Try to log onto your network by doing the following - tap Settings > WiFi > Other. Re-enter your network name, set your security to WEP, enter the WEP security key that is on the router label plate.

If you get things working, then delve into your documentation (also available online) and change the security on your router to WPA2. WEP is nearly worthless to protect your network.

WiFi & Verizon -ipod v4.1 (8B117) model MB531LL vs. ActionTec M1424-WR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.