Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen "Ripping Off" ????

An Apple sales person told me every time you remove a screen protector on the iPhone 4, it rips off some of the actual screen.....and therefore, you shouldn't use one. According to her that is the reason Apple is not selling screen protectors for the iPhone 4. Comments? Any truth to this?

Thanks!

iPhone 4, iOS 4

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 6:19 AM

6 replies

Sep 15, 2010 6:39 AM in response to carpslrc

Not true. there are screen protectors for the iphone 3G S, which also have the oleophobic coating, and probably the same coating used on the iphone 4. And yet there are screen protectors for the iphone 3G/3G S.

Glass can be scratched depending on where you put it with. I'm using the powersupport HD anti-glare screen protector for my iphone 4 and it's the static type screen protectors so it just sticks. I have not had any issues with the coating coming off from it.

If you are person that does not like scratches then uses the Screen protector.

Sep 15, 2010 9:50 AM in response to Tamara

Apple is just looking to avoid problems as some screen protectors use liquid and can damage your IPHONE. Apple also wants you to view the screen in its true native resolution not being blocked by a 3rd party screen protector which does diminish the resoltion quality.
Apple will be carrying POWERSUPPORT screen protectors for the IPHONE4 starting in October according to Powersupport. Whether or not they carry all 5 varieties remains to be seen. (yes they have 5 varieties).
Lastly, I'm using Powersupport on my IPHONE4 and its really invisible.

Message was edited by: bushman4

Screen "Ripping Off" ????

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.