Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro in the shower - steam, water damage?

Hi, I'm wondering - is it OK or not OK to bring the MBP in the shower room while showering?

There's steam condenstation on the mirror, so I'm assuming that the same would eventually would happen with the MBP?

Sometimes showers are short: 1 or 2 mins, but sometimes long, hot and steamy - 40mins. Temperatures vary too.

Couldn't this seep in through the keyboard/speakers and condensate on the motherboard, or other electrical wiring, possibly causing a short circuit and other problems related to water damage?

Could it also set off the anti-spill water-detectors that are inside the laptop? And thus void the warranty?

Please advise as necessary 🙂

MacBook Pro

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 9:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 9:26 AM

it's REALLY NOT OK to do that 🙂

I'm really unaware of any anti spill detectors inside the machine but nevertheless a shower rooms steam will well exceed any computers humidity regulations ..

you might as well void your warranty like that ..

DO NOT take your mac book pro into the shower 🙂
7 replies

Sep 15, 2010 9:52 AM in response to rudi_e

Yes, there are moisture detectors in MBPs, MBs and iPhones. Although there is some debate if high humidity is enough to cause them to react or not. The MacBook Pro specs specify it will work in: "Relative humidity: 0% to 90% noncondensing". The key word here is "noncondensing" If there is condensation on the mirror, you are NOT in the right environment. Bottom line, I wouldn't recommend taking your computer into the shower room with you.

Message was edited by: J.K. ROFLing

MacBook Pro in the shower - steam, water damage?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.