Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsupported video format ?! ( iphone 4 )

I read on the official Apple website that the iphone 4 supports H264, Mpeg4 and M-jpeg video formats..

But when i converted a video into H264 format, the video couldnt be synced as it is incompatible ?

This is the details of the video from itunes >>
Kind: Mpeg-4
Size: 518 Mb
Bit Rate: 189 kbps
Profile: Low Complexity
Channels: Stereo
Total Bitrate: 3397 kbps
Video Dimensions: 640x480
Video Codec: H264

iOS 4, Win Vista

Posted on Sep 15, 2010 7:03 PM

5 replies

Sep 15, 2010 8:53 PM in response to NonErIEN

I've always been of the understanding that video had to be encoded with the H264 and the "Ipod Atom" which handbrake/xilisoft video converter and the former visual hub used to do. Most of these if you choose the "Ipod/Iphone" preset it will automatically include this.

It certainly doesnt hurt your encode or change it in any way visually, but the Ipod/Iphone will not see the video.

Sep 15, 2010 10:10 PM in response to NonErIEN

Copied from this link.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

iTunes also includes an option to create an iPod or iPhone compatible version. With the video selected, at the iTunes menu bar go to Advanced and select Create iPod or iPhone version. This will create a copy of the existing video in an iPod or iPhone compatible version.

Unsupported video format ?! ( iphone 4 )

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.