- Whats Up, Im a NewBie To Posting On Forums But After Going Through This " Incorrect Settings for Outgoing Mail" Always Getting Rejected When Nothing Was Wrong. Well I Figured out a STUPIDLY SIMPLE Way To Correct This.
- Now keep In Mind I Use AOL For My Incoming N Outgoing MAil Through the Stock, Original(whatever u call it) Mail Server(app). Also, I Was Mainly Having A Problem With The Outgoing Mail, Nothing Wrong With Incoming, As How Most Ppl Are Encountering This Problem..So..
- 1. Go To "Settings".
- 2. Click "Mail,Contacts,Calendars.
- 3. Click Your Account Tab To Bring Up The Next Window. Click The First Tab That Say " Accounts<epmty Space>Your U/N@...." In My Case It Says "JuanDoe189@aol.com".
- 4. Now The Account Information Screen Will Pop Up. Under 'Name' No Name Is Necessary.
- Address Should Be Your Email Address, for example, JohnDoe189@aol.com . Enter Your Password. By Now The Next Field "Description" Should have Automatically Inserted Itself With The Correct Name or Title.
- 5. Under Those Previous Fields Is The 'Outgoing Mail Server' Tab, Click it!
- 6. Most Important Steps Are Next... Click The Primary Server Tab To Bring Up The Account Information.
- Make Sure The Server Switch is TURNED OFF . You Can Delete Your Info If You'd Like To, But it doesn't Make A Difference Either Way. Select The Done Button in The Upper Right Corner Of the Screen to Verify TheSettings And That The Switch Is OFF.
- 7. Next, Your Going To Create A "Secondary", OTHER SMTP SERVER, So Click ADD SERVER...>
- Three Fields Will Appear, They Are; HOST NAME , USER NAME , and PASSWORD.
- 8. In The HOST NAME Field, Enter SMTP.youreMailProvider.COM Mine Shows SMTP.AOL.COM .
- In The USERNAME Field Your Going To Want To Put Your Username MINUS THE "@....". For Example, Take The Username I Used Earlier"JohnDoe189@aol.com" All You Should Enter Is = 'JohnDoe189' There Is No Need For The "@..." Since It Was Entered Earlier In The Main Account Settings.
- In The PASSWORD Field....You Got It Right! Put In Your Password! Click The Save Button in The Upper Right Corner Of The Screen to Save The Information And To add The Server To The List. It Take A Couple Seconds To Verify the Info.
- 9. Now The SMTP Screen Should Appear With The PRIMARY SERVER TURNED OFF , With The Secondary Server Selected And Showing "ON" Its Looks The Same, Only Difference Is, WHAT I BELEIVE, Is That Everyone Is Adding The [suffix?] "@..." , @aol.com , @yahoo.com etc, Into The Username Field When It Doesnt Need To be And Shouldn't Be There
- Its Been 2 Days With Out A Problem, And I live Off My iPhone. So Im Pretty Sure You Wont Have A Problem.
- Hope This Works For All The People Going Through The Same Problem, And Trust Me ITS A LOT oF People.
- I Have Yet To See The Same List Of Instrunctions To Fix This, So If It Works, Show Me Sum Love! Id Appreciate The Thanks n Knowing That I Helped.
try airprint from the apps store , this worked for me on a Ipad2 , the HP 110envy is supported by this app , but i know not all printers are.
heres a info link http://www.apple.com/ipad/features/airprint.html but download the free app via the Ipad.
anhstolt from the uk.
I now have a similar problem. I've got an iPhone 4 with iOS 5.
When I'm trying to send an email through 3G I get an error message saying:
"A copy has been placed in your outbox. the recipient "%@" was rejected by the server because the user is unknown"
It's fine when I'm connected to my wireless router though.
Is this the same problem, but just with a different error message?
I think I can safely say that error message is the same problem.
I had to phone my network provider had get them to tell me what the username and password is for the outgoing server (they didn't know that was the solution). Problem solved so far.
In my case I also had to change the port number to 587. That probably varies depending on the network.
Ive had the same problem, and none of those posted on here have helped me, so ive tried this and it worked.
click settings, then mail contacts and calendars, then under accounts click your email account. Then click your email address. Under the header OUTGOING MAIL SERVER, click the smtp.aol.com. Under primary server, I found it impossible to check if the password was correct because you cant select it, even though the cirles are there implying you have put a password in. (maybe this is the root of the apple ios 5 problem where a glitch is changing this password) anyway,under primary server, switch the server off. Yes, off.
Click done and it automatically takes you back a page, so then under other smtp servers click add server. then fill in as follows.
HOST NAME; smtp.aol.com
USERNAME; type your email address everything up to but not including the @
PASSWORD; Type your password.
Then click save.
Since doing this I now have the email working on my ipad2. Hope this can help for others experiencing this frustrating problem.
Thank you so much Dannopelli for this information below!!
It fixed the problem
If this is an AOL issue try this:
On your iPhone:
-Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars
-Select your AOL.com account
-Select SMTP from the Account Info Page
-Select SMTP from the SMPT Page
-From the smtp.aol.com page
-Check that the Server is ON
-Check that the Host Name is smtp.aol.com
-Check that your User Name is correct
-Check that you Password is correct
-Check that Authentication is set to Password
-The Server Port should be 587