Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Despite SD Settings, it wants to burn an HD Video

I have set my DVD Studio Pro preference to SD and relaunched so the settings take. I've created a DVD project that looks great in simulator. But when I build and format, DVD Studio Pro the HD DVD check box in the Inspector is selected and grayed out so I can't change it to SD. When I build and format it creates an HVDVD_TS folder in the build folder and the resulting DVD is pixelated.

Obviously I'm missing a setting somewhere and I hope someone can help.

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 5:32 AM

3 replies

Sep 16, 2010 6:37 AM in response to Eric Pautsch1

Hi Eric,

Yes, I re-launched DVD SP and started building from scratch. It still wanted to burn an HD DVD, but I believe I figured out why:

I went back into Preferences and clicked on the very last tab - Encoding. There are 2 tabs within the Encoding tab - mgep2-SD and mpeg2-HD. The HD encoding tab was in the foreground. I clicked on the SD tab to move IT to the foreground and rebuilt the project and burned the DVD and and everything came out SD like is should.

Despite SD Settings, it wants to burn an HD Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.