Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't want to test the hardware

I am trying to build a Snow Leopard image that will boot all current Macs. Apple made this much more difficult by recently releasing updates specific to only the new iMac and Mac Mini. I thought I could just build two new images with those specific updates until 10.6.5 is released and everything is updated again. When I try to install a update it tests the hardware and tells me I can't install this update on this hardware, I build all my images on the newest Mac Pro I have.

The question is how do you modify the package installer so it doesn't read the hardware on install. I see on the web where people mention that they have done it but not how they did it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 9:44 AM

Try using Pacifist to install those updates manually. Alternatively, some packages allow you to control-click them, choose Show Package Contents, find, and then edit InstallationCheck or the installer scripts with a tool such as TextWrangler.

(53812)
2 replies

Don't want to test the hardware

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.