Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

crashed into Japanese ??

Hi all, ironically after just announcing to people here in another discussion that my 3G has behaved perfectly for the couple of months since I downgraded to 3.1.3 (which it has) it crashed for some reason this evening while charging and when I rebooted it ... it started up in Japanese with Japanese characters everywhere !

Now this happened once before when I downgraded to 3.1.3 - it started up in Japanese and I had to plough through dozens of searches to fin out how to change it to English, which I did. Again this evening I had to research again .. and luckily I found out how to change it.

Question: Why has it done this ? Has anyone else experienced this ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 16, 2010 5:25 PM

1 reply

Sep 16, 2010 5:36 PM in response to Howardsweb

Leeme see here...you use un-approved methods to keep downgrading your OS, which creates a mis-match between the baseband & the OS(there is no way to downgrade the baseband), and Apple specifically warns that unexpected things can happen, and you wonder why you're having the experience you are? Get serious, either learn to live with this stuff or quit screwing with your phone.

crashed into Japanese ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.