Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Remote Management and Remote Login

Not sure if this is the right discussion area, but cannot find it in the Discussions page, but I am trying to use the Remote login and Remote Management features to log into my wife's Macbook from my Macbook Pro.
Both Mac's are configured / cross checked to allow Remote Management and Remote Login, but when I type the IP address the Macbook is giving me, into the Macbook Pro, I get an Apache Webserver page, and if I try the ssh XXX@local, it comes up with a potential phishing warning?
Can anyone please give me some step by step guidance on how I can remotely log into another Macbook?

Thank you, Ian

Macbook 2.26Ghz, & Macbook Pro 2Ghz, Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Sep 17, 2010 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2010 10:34 AM

Please check out the following Macworld article to see if it will help: Macworld: No-stress remote access
5 replies

Sep 17, 2010 2:22 PM in response to Ian Thompson4

Yes, that is exactly what I was referring to. Thank you for clarifying that for me. As a bridge, all of the AEBSn's ports are already open. That means you will need to configure the upstream (Netgear) router, that is providing NAT, for port forwarding/mapping in order to get Remote Management to work.

Another option, and to make this a lot easier, is to consider using Back to My Mac (BTMM) if you already have a MobileMe account instead. With BTMM, it will take care of all the messing work of port forwarding for you.

Remote Management and Remote Login

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.