Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print a banner

I want to print a banner using 8.5 x 11 inch paper taped together. I changed the Page Setup to 17 x 11 inches in Portrait mode, which looks correct on the screen. However, when I print only the first 8.5 inches of the banner will print.

Unibody Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Sep 17, 2010 2:07 PM

7 replies

Sep 17, 2010 4:42 PM in response to marcy512

Welcome to Apple Discussions

One way to print a banner is to use the free app Tiler. After you save your Pages file to PDF, here's what it does:

"Print a single PDF page using multiple sheets of paper to create large banners and posters. Independently scale and center each page in a PDF document as you add or remove rows and columns. Visually preview results in the workspace before printing."

You can download it at http://www.mindcad.com/tiler.html

Walt

Sep 24, 2010 6:42 AM in response to Walt K

Thanks for your response Walt, but the program works for text only. I have a combination of text and photos on my poster. The photos cannot expand sideways for printing on multiple pages across without also expanding upwards. So, instead of having 2 pages I have to use 4. Is there a way to do it so I can design my poster to be 2 pages across and only 1 page tall?

Print a banner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.