Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Backpack Calendar subscription only when resync

Situation:
1.I add a change in my Backpack Calendar.
The calendar is added to iCal via subscription.

2.In iCal on Mac it shows fast and correctly.

Problem:
3.It does not show up on the iPhone.

How I solve it:
4.When I go to settings on iPhone, I change
the sync from i.e "Events 1 Month back" to "Events 6 months back".
Then the iCal changes and downloads all the new entries.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Mobile me subscription / iPhone 3G OS3 / without new iCal mobile me beta

Posted on Sep 18, 2010 9:26 AM

6 replies

Sep 18, 2010 10:59 AM in response to kapri81

Welcome to Apple Discussions,

First make an iCal backup, File > Export > Archive.

Remove the following to the trash and restart your computer:
Home > Library > Caches
Home > Library > Calendars > Calendar Cache, Cache, Cache 1, 2, 3, etc. (Do not remove Sync Cache or Theme Cache)
Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.ical (There may be more than one of these. Remove them all.)
__NOTE: Removing these files will remove any shared (CalDAV) calendars you may have access to. You will have to re-add those calendars to iCal > Preferences > Accounts.

Once the computer is back up and running open iCal and test.

Hope that helps.

Sep 26, 2010 4:19 PM in response to kapri81

Still no results.
Updated to OS 4.0.2 and right now I am using the beta Calendar on mobile me.
Still some updates in the subscribed calendar do not show up on the iPhone.

BUT,
they do show without a problem on my Mac.

When syncing with iTunes, all the entries also show up on the iPhone.

So:
The syncing via mobile me is NOT good enough.

Any help?

Sep 29, 2010 7:47 PM in response to kapri81

Greetings,

You said in your original post that this calendar is a subscription in iCal but that you made a change to it. Where is the original calendar that you are changing which is then being subscribed to in iCal?

If you are making changes to this calendar within iCal then this can't be a subscription, it would have to be on a server of some kind (CalDAV) for example. Subscriptions are by definition read only.

Moving beyond that, if it is a subscription, MobileMe does not sync subscribed calendars last I checked. It only syncs local calendars. You can sync them using a cable sync (plug the device in), but not via the MobileMe server.

An easy way to check this is to go to me.com and look at the calendar, does this particular calendar show up on the left hand side? If not then you are not in fact syncing with MobileMe.

Let me know.

Sep 30, 2010 1:22 AM in response to MadisonP

Hi,

it is a subscription calendar so it is read-only as you said.

I make the changes on 37signals Backpack, since the calendar is from there.
Yes, it does not show up on mobile me.
I have my calendar on Mac and it syncs beautifully via mobile me to iPhone.

Still, I have 6 different subscriptions to calendars from the 37Signals area +(Backpack, Basecamp, Highrise)+.
All of them sync on air via mobile me, although none of them is visible when going to me.com.
And all of them sync quite OK, with some delay.
Only this calendar is not syncing as it should.

Sep 30, 2010 5:07 PM in response to kapri81

Understood.

As the issue only occurs on the iPhone I would suggest you post your question in the iPhone forum:
http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=201

The two steps that I can think of that seem logical to me at this point as it is a calendar specific issue on the iPhone:
1. Delete and re-add the calendar on the iPhone itself.
2. Restore the iPhone to force the local calendar database on the iPhone to be re-written: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Hope that helps.

Backpack Calendar subscription only when resync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.