Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Backpack Calendar subscription only when resync

2806 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2010 5:07 PM by MadisonP RSS
kapri81 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Sep 18, 2010 9:26 AM
Situation:
1.I add a change in my Backpack Calendar.
The calendar is added to iCal via subscription.

2.In iCal on Mac it shows fast and correctly.

Problem:
3.It does not show up on the iPhone.

How I solve it:
4.When I go to settings on iPhone, I change
the sync from i.e "Events 1 Month back" to "Events 6 months back".
Then the iCal changes and downloads all the new entries.
MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Mobile me subscription / iPhone 3G OS3 / without new iCal mobile me beta
  • MadisonP Level 5 Level 5 (4,485 points)
    Sep 18, 2010 10:59 AM (in response to kapri81)
    Welcome to Apple Discussions,

First make an iCal backup, File > Export > Archive.

Remove the following to the trash and restart your computer:
    Home > Library > Caches
    Home > Library > Calendars > Calendar Cache, Cache, Cache 1, 2, 3, etc. (Do not remove Sync Cache or Theme Cache)
    Home > Library > Preferences > com.apple.ical (There may be more than one of these. Remove them all.)
    __NOTE: Removing these files will remove any shared (CalDAV) calendars you may have access to. You will have to re-add those calendars to iCal > Preferences > Accounts.

Once the computer is back up and running open iCal and test.

Hope that helps.
    Sep 29, 2010 7:47 PM (in response to kapri81)
    Greetings,

You said in your original post that this calendar is a subscription in iCal but that you made a change to it. Where is the original calendar that you are changing which is then being subscribed to in iCal?

If you are making changes to this calendar within iCal then this can't be a subscription, it would have to be on a server of some kind (CalDAV) for example. Subscriptions are by definition read only.

Moving beyond that, if it is a subscription, MobileMe does not sync subscribed calendars last I checked. It only syncs local calendars. You can sync them using a cable sync (plug the device in), but not via the MobileMe server.

An easy way to check this is to go to me.com and look at the calendar, does this particular calendar show up on the left hand side? If not then you are not in fact syncing with MobileMe.

Let me know.
    Sep 30, 2010 5:07 PM (in response to kapri81)
    Understood.

As the issue only occurs on the iPhone I would suggest you post your question in the iPhone forum:
    http://discussions.apple.com/category.jspa?categoryID=201

The two steps that I can think of that seem logical to me at this point as it is a calendar specific issue on the iPhone:
    1. Delete and re-add the calendar on the iPhone itself.
    2. Restore the iPhone to force the local calendar database on the iPhone to be re-written: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1414

Hope that helps.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.